Monday, February 16, 2009

It's A Good Thing It's My Birthday


So I can use that as an excuse.

One thing I don't need an excuse for is to say thank you to everyone who has sent a card or a message wishing me a happy birthday. I grin at each one, and I'm very appreciative of your taking the time and energy to send me them. I can tell already, it's going to be a wonderful birthday.

A modest person would certainly need an excuse for what I'm about to post. Here's the best Google Listing I've ever seen in my entire life. I found it yesterday while doing my weekly Life As We Knew It Google search.

Susan Beth Pfeffer T-Shirts, sweatshirts, shirts, bumper stickers ... - 5:43pm
Unique pfeffer susan beth designs on clothing, t-shirts, cards, ... Designs include funny pfeffer



It takes you to Cafe Press, which I've already made richer by purchase of various One Book New Jersey Susan Beth Pfeffer items. So now they think I'm an entire category.

Now onto that poll of the dead over on the right. Here's what happened. I woke up about 2:30 this morning, and was working on a B3 scene. I don't like working in the middle of the night. I like sleeping in the middle of the night. So I got out of bed, turned on the computer, and took a half sleeping pill. Only neither the computer nor the pill put me back to sleep. Instead I went back to work. So I got out of bed a second time, turned on the computer again, and finished up the sleeping pill. And sometime after the second half pill and before getting totally knocked out, I put up the who would you kill poll.

It's not like I don't remember doing it (although I was surprised to see it this morning). I was determined that the characters be listed in alphabetical order, and I think I forgot one and had to put that character in and move all the others around. This takes a lot of effort when you're sleepwalking.

I also remembered deciding it shouldn't be a one week long poll, which is why it isn't.

But that's why it's there. In celebration of my birthday!

I will now get dressed for same, buy some birthday celebration socks and some giftlike object my mother says I should say came from her, and then have lunch with Marci and Carol. It's going to be a wonderful birthday, but I have to admit, it's gotten off to a slightly peculiar start!
ETA- The flowers are from my brother and sister-in-law.
If you can see a bit of a pink card, it's an origami cat, created by my goddaughter.
My mother doesn't know it yet, but she bought me the fabulous earrings I'm wearing right now.
What a great birthday this is!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Melody Marie Murray said...

Hope your birthday was wonderful! Many happy returns.

Wendy said...

Have a fabulous birthday and may you sleep better tonight (although I think the poll is fun--not sure what that says about me.)

Susan Beth Pfeffer said...

Hello and thank you to Nora, Melody Marie Murray, and Wendy-

So far it's been a wonderful birthday. I had a very nice lunch with Marci and Carol (to whom LAWKI is dedicated). And now, I'm sitting around the apartment, waiting for a delivery of flowers (I don't know from who, which always adds to the joy of flowers).

I noticed on the who should die survey,a pluraility favors that the president should die. I find that pretty funny, but then again, I was the person who thought the president should be included on that list at 2:30 AM, while under the influence of sleeping pills!

:) said...

Happy birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Jumping Jiminy, I forgot to wish you a happy birthday so...

Happy Birthday!

GLen

Susan Beth Pfeffer said...

Hi :) and Glen-

Thank you for your birthday greetings. It's really been a wonderful day!

Lee said...

Sorry for the belated wishes, but I hope you had a great day!

Susan Beth Pfeffer said...

Thank you Lee-

It was a lovely birthday, and the celebrating ain't over yet.

I'm off to pick up a friend (whose birthday is a few days before mine) for lunch and a movie.

There are jobs I really need to get done, but they can wait another day or two!