Monday, May 9, 2011

A Super Early Announcement Of Something I'm Super Pleased About

A few months back I was invited by Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling to submit an original short story for an upcoming anthology of YA dystopian fiction, to be called After and to be published by Hyperion.

I am pleased to be able to officially announce that my story, "Reunion" will be included in the anthology along with original stories by (among others):

Genevieve Valentine
Cecil Castellucci
Carol Emshwiller
Katherine Langrish
Richard Bowes
Matthew Kressel
Beth Revis
N. K. Jemisin
Carrie Ryan
Steven Gould
CaitlĂ­n R. Kiernan
Susan Beth Pfeffer

I will tell you more (like publication date) when I learn more. I can tell you that the above list is not all inclusive.

And it certainly reveals no spoilers to say when I started thinking of the idea for "Reunion" I imagined a happy friendly heartwarming story and I ended up instead with an unusually dark (even by my unusually dark standards) kind of nasty story instead.

Well, you all know me well enough not to be surprised by that!

7 comments:

Erickold said...

Oh god!
I love the distopian storys

This authors are amazing.
I wait for it ;)

Greetings!

Susan said...

Ahhh! So exciting. I can hardly wait for this collection. It sounds amazing!

Wanda Vaughn said...

It's amazing what lurks behind your sweetly smiling face. :) I'm sure the story is thrilling and the company of authors looks grand.

Heather said...

What a great collection of authors. And the dystopian twist will have me purchasing it for sure.

Susan Beth Pfeffer said...

Hello and thank you to Erickold and Susan and Wanda Vaughn and Heather-

I think After should be an amazing anthology and I'm delighted to have been asked to contribute (and I really loved writing my story "Reunion" even if it did turn out all dark and nasty!).

Fear Death By Water said...

*fist pump*

Susan Beth Pfeffer said...

Hi Fear Death By Water-

I think this anthology will definitely deserve a fist pump or two!