Friday, May 4, 2012

The Mythbusters Were Nice Enough Not To Comment On My Bra Strap

And I'm sure you'll be equally polite.

Here I am on the Titanic:


I discover its fate.


I took this picture of flowers while I was waiting for my worldly and sophisticated friend Renee to find a place for me to get ice cream.


Princess Summerfallwinterspring says it's fashionable to show a bra strap. And she's tres more fashion conscious than I am (obviously).

Isn't this picture weird? Mayim Bialik looks like half the girls I went to high school with. And I look like an overweight cutout.

But I do look good with astronauts.

In case you were wondering if I actually met the Mythbusters* or Mayim Bialik, the answer is no. Just had my picture taken with them. But the astronaut and I had a nice conversation.

I think I've offered sufficient proof that I actually was in Washington DC. Where else could one find such a dazzling combination of myth and disaster!

*(Spellcheck hates Mythbusters. It offered as an option Methodists.)



4 comments:

Megan Bernard said...

I went to Washington D.C. too! Though I don't think our trips coincided... I really need to go back and see everything. My trip was one for my school's music department, so there was a lot of performing and not a lot of sight-seeing and museum hopping. I would have LOVED to see the Titanic exhibit! I hope your time in D.C. was fantastic!

--Jude Rosenberg

Susan Beth Pfeffer said...

Hello Jude Rosenberg-

I did have a great time in DC, thanks to my worldly and sophisticated friend Renee.

I must confess that she beat me 2 out of 3 games of Trivial Pursuit (including the Silver Screen edition, which I used to be unbeatable in), proving that not only is she considerably more worldly and sophisticated than me, she's also a lot smarter!

Fear Death By Water said...

I was showing Mrs. Fear Death By Water your pictures. She noticed and commented on 'the strap' right away. I being a bit more reserved will only let you know that Adam Savage did his own lil' apocalyptic venture. A film called 'Ever Since The World Ended'. You guys had more to talk about than you knew. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxiggKI6wC0 looks like it's free on youtube in it's entirety. That's the first part.

Glad you had fun thanks for posting the pictures. You are indeed a classy lady.

Susan Beth Pfeffer said...

Hello Mr. and Ms. Fear Death By Water-

If I'd had any chance to talk to the MythBusters, I would have told them my favorite one was when they blew up a jail cell using Alka Seltzer.

I found that particularly exciting because I use Alka Seltzer to keep my drains clear (I typed that as brains clear, which is a whole other issue).

But, alas, all I said to them was Thank you, and I'm not even sure I said that!