Monday, November 26, 2007

A Quick Redecorating Note

I've made a couple of changes to the left of the blog.

First of all, I had the brilliant idea to make a direct link to the infamous Yankee Stadium scene from the dead & the gone. I figured out all on my very own how to do it, and I'm proud as punch. I'm also proud as punch that the expression proud as punch really does exist (I just googled it to confirm).

And I added Arizona to the list of states where Life As We Knew It is nominated for a young readers award. The official name of the award is the Grand Canyon Reader Award, and I'm very pleased my book has been so honored. Anyone who has committed this blog to memory (i.e. me) may recall it was this very award that Leo Tolstoy mocked me about several months ago. http://susanbethpfeffer.blogspot.com/2007/06/bridesmaid-wore-black.html

Ha! Take that, Count Leo. Since last we spoke, your silly old War And Peace has gotten 3 more reviews on Amazon, while Life As We Knew It has gotten 12. Of course a few of those were pretty darn nasty, but as my mother, Freda Pfeffer (that's to add to her google number), always says, "There's no nachas without tsuris."

Kind of makes you wonder what Mama Tolstoy always said...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Which reminds me, I have to work on my autobiography, OY!.

I've already got the opening line:

"Such tsuris..."

Glen