Sunday, March 15, 2009

Wonderful News From Jenni

Back in early December, Jenni left a comment on one of my entries. I'll quote a bit of it:

To be perfectly honest, LAWKI changed/strengthened perceptions I had about my own life. It was actually the topic of my admissions essay in applying to colleges this year.

To which, I responded:

Hi Jenni and thank you for your comment. Talk about being nervous. I will now be nervous until you come back and assure me you were accepted by all the colleges of your dreams. Which, I'm sure you will be, but I'm a worrier by nature.

Friday night, Jenni emailed me. And I quote (with great joy):

A while ago, I mentioned to you in your blog that I loved Life As We Knew It. I mentioned that it quickly became my favorite book and that the lessons inbedded in it really taught me a lot. I mentioned that it made such a difference to me that I chose to write my college admissions essay over the novel.

I just wanted to write this email to let you know that I've gotten into the college of my dreams (University of Rochester) AND into the program of my dreams (a medical program that ensures I've already been accepted into their medical school). So, I've been accepted into the undergraduate and graduate school. I want to thank you once more for writing the fabulous book to begin with, because I feel very strongly that that particular essay had much to do with my admissions.


I asked Jenni's permission to share this with you and she consented. I would tell you how proud I am, but there are no words.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If this was an O Henry story, years from now you would need medical attention and the only one who could help you would be a young, radical doctor who went by the name of Jenni...

Glen

Anonymous said...

By the way, congratulations to Jenni on this acheivement.

Glen

Anonymous said...

Go Jenni!!!!!!!!!!!!!You rock!!

Life As We Knew It is my favorite book to! Im in a bookclub & we have a month for eatch person to assign their favorite book & Im choosing Life As We Knew It for mine!!

Congrats Jenni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Jill

Librarina said...

That is so awesome! Congrats to both of you!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Go,Go Jenni!Go,Go,Go Jenni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Im good at this)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-Jill

Anonymous said...

Thank you. :D