Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sales Pitch Interruptus

As you may recall, I was getting ready to write a nice long blog entry about South Carolina and sales people and Blood Wounds when blogspot interrupted, rendering me distraught and somewhat incoherent.

I responded, as is my wont, with a picture of Scooter.

Then I caught a cold, and spent the next few days sleeping and sneezing. As is my I don't wanna, but I did anyway.

I'm definitely almost completely healthy again, but a fair amount of momentum has dissipated. A small trade off for spellcheck (which I will now use to see if I spelled dissipated correctly).

So instead of writing about South Carolina, where I had a very fine time doing a school visit, or sales people, I'll put in a link to my most recent blog interview (and thank you Sharde for interviewing me).

But I am going to post what I intended to post before, as well. My agent asked me to do a short write up of Blood Wounds for the agency to use, and then my publisher, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt also asked for a short write up, so I got double use out of it. Well, triple use if you count this blog entry.

I called the books the Last Survivor series and mentioned how internationally acclaimed I am, because the summary, as I wrote it for my agent, is going to be used abroad. For HMH, I changed it to the Life As We Knew It series, but kept the part about internationally acclaimed, because I forgot to take it out.

Since I am extremely aware that there are people here who don't like spoilers, and since the write up does contain more information than I've shared here before, I'm going to cleverly put a relatively cute picture of Scooter, taken for just this occasion, as a barrier island. If you don't want to know anything about Blood Wounds , then stop reading as soon as you see the picture. And don't read the comments just in case. There's only so much Scooter can protect you from. In fact, there's only so much Scooter can protect me from, including fruit flies, which Scooter finds very entertaining but that's about it.

I took four pictures, and I'm using this one because Scooter looks most like a barrier island in it.

All text beneath this can be constituted as spoiler for Blood Wounds. Consider yourself warned!



Blood Wounds- Susan Beth Pfeffer

Willa Coffey and her family, her mother, stepfather and two stepsisters, are all part of a happy family. That’s what they tell themselves, although they all have secrets they feel they must keep.

But when Willa’s father, who she hasn’t seen in years, goes on a murderous rampage, Willa, her family and friends, must face the truths they’ve chosen to deny and acknowledge that sometimes blood can wound as easily as it can heal.

New York Times best selling author Susan Beth Pfeffer follows her internationally acclaimed Last Survivors series with a novel of a family torn apart by violence and brought together by love.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You FINNALLY made it down to us? Darn it! I Wish I'd seen you if you made a stop in the golden corner! Ya'll take care!

Lisa-Marie Jordan said...

Awesome! I'm looking forward to reading it!

Susan Beth Pfeffer said...

Hi to Anonymous and to Lisa-Marie Jordan-

South Carolina is a good sized state, and I was only in a tiny part of it, but I was treated very nicely and had an excellent time.

And I'm looking forward to people reading Blood Wounds also!

Nora said...

I got way to excited when I read "murderous rampage." Sounds spooky and good!

Nancy said...

I love that write up! This is definitely my kind of book.

Susan Beth Pfeffer said...

Hello to Nora and Nancy-

Let's hope Blood Wounds does okay for itself a year from now!

Anonymous said...

I guess I'll have to catch you the next time you take a trip below the Mason Dixon line. Good to here my comunity isn't the only area that breathes southern hospitality!

brian said...

I'm reading for my Ph.D in English Lit, so I have little patience for reading outside of my research. But I just read _The Dead and the Gone_ while traveling from the East to West coasts for my sister's wedding. I started it when I got on the plane, and finished it about an hour before touchdown. It was riveting, terrifying, and emotionally poignant. The scene with Bri towards the end really moved me.

Susan Beth Pfeffer said...

Hi brian (or, as I prefer to think of you, Brian)and thank you for your comment.

I got the idea for the Yankee stadium scene in d&g while flying from Vancouver to New York, so it's especially nice for me to think of someone reading the book while flying from the east coast to the west (or vice versa).

I practically had to be restrained from dancing around the aisle, I was so excited when I came up with the idea, but I'm sure you were much more sedate while you read the book!

Thanks again for letting me know.