Thursday, March 14, 2013

Without Zamboni Breaks, I'd Get Nothing Done

Even with them, I'm not getting much done this week. It's World Figure Skating Championship time, and while I don't have access to watching them on American TV, it turns out Latvian TV is showing them in their entirety.

We're talking about 35 women's short programs. Well, I'm talking about them, but not to you.

Anyway, it's Zamboni time for the short dance programs, so I figured I'd pop in here and give you links to the work I did last week.

For starters, here's a whole bunch of writers talking about the appeal of post-apocalyptic fiction. I think it's safe to say the whole bunch of writers know considerably more than I do on the subject, but I go first, perhaps because my entry is the shortest, or more likely because I submitted mine first because it was the shortest.

Oh, maybe it's because I'm the oldest. It's certainly not because I'm the best speller (heck, I'm probably not even the best seller). I had to go back to find out how to spell post-apocalyptic. The "post" part I was pretty sure of, but "apocalyptic" renders me apoplectic.

Meanwhile, in preparation for my upcoming visit to the International Reading Association convention in San Antonio, I wrote a guest blog post about my dream panel. See all the pretty pictures? Not the one of me. The other pretty pictures. I learned how to put pictures into a Word doc just for them.

Okay. Enough of last week's accomplishments. I hear Latvian in the background. The third flight of ice dancers is about to Yankee polka their way into my heart.

I sincerely hope I'm already in yours!

2 comments:

Marci said...

Have you written a book about a figure skater yet?

Susan Beth Pfeffer said...

Hallo Marci-

I'm too busy watching them to write about them!