Friday, August 14, 2009

Even Quicker Mother Report

My mother's been in the health center (we're not supposed to call it nursing home) attached to her assisted living place since Tuesday.

When I visited her today, I asked her if she could get out of her chair by herself. And she could. Not in a simple easy single movement, but she definitely got out unassisted. Then she and I took a short walk together.

Her spirits are great, she looks wonderful, and I'm extremely optimistic that she'll be back in her apartment within my lifetime!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Sounds super! Thanks for the update.

Elaine Marie Alphin said...

That's wonderful news! I'm so relieved - quick, quicker, quickest updates let us know whether to chew our nails some more or get back to work writing!

jmaster1324 said...

yay, i hope she gets out soon. and becomes SUPERMOTHER OF THE ONE OF THE BEST AUTHORS IN THE WORLD

Stephanie Pellegrin said...

That's fantastic news!!! Keep us updated.

Dawn said...

This is great news!!