Monday, September 24, 2012

And The Name Of The Fourth Moon Book Is...

TBD.

Well, it would be tbd if it were in the middle of a sentence and not the very beginning of this entry.

Thank you one and all for voting on the poll and for your comments as well. You gave me a great deal to think about, and I gave my editor the same, by reporting the results.

In the early middle of last night, after making my traditional early middle of the night trek to the bathroom, I stumbled my way to the kitchen where I scribbled a couple of sentences to add to the end of the book. Then this morning, while exercycling to Harry O Episode 3 Of The First Season DVD I thought about those scribbled lines and how if I added a little of this and a little of that, there might be a completely different title possibility.

I emailed my editor about that possibility, but haven't heard back.

So to emphasize the importance of this all, I emailed her the entire revised manuscript. Yes, the rewrites are complete. I finished them Thursday with the assistance of a box of donuts, and then I finished them again Friday morning, and then I finished them for the third (and I hope final) time a half hour ago, after which I sent them off to my editor, along with a friendly reminder that the title is an open question.

I'll celebrate the completion of the rewrites by going to the movies tomorrow to see The Master. Then on Wednesday I'll atone for those donuts.

When I learn what The Shade Of The Moon's tbd title is, I'll let you know!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

what does tbd stand for? haha i feel stupid asking....

Susan Beth Pfeffer said...

Hi Kiera Ball-

tbd stands for to be determined.

In other words, no decision has been made about the title!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!