Thursday, September 27, 2012

While We Wait To Hear From My Editor About What The Shade Of The Moon Will Be Called

Which could take a while, so here's a distraction.

While culling magazines the other day (it's been on my to do list for a while now), I located my previously missing but I wasn't really worried about it because I knew it was around here somewhere junior high school yearbook.

I'd wanted to find it because I've been thinking a lot about my 9th grade English teacher, Mrs. Smitten, who I liked so much I considered naming my kitten Mrs. Smitten if my kitten was a girl kitten (I also considered naming the kitten Mrs. Minster, for my 3rd grade teacher, but as we all well know, I adopted a little boy kitten and named him Scooter).




 I didn't know what Mrs. Smitten's first name was, and let me tell you, you google "Mrs. Smitten" you're not going to find out. But my guess was her first name would show up in the yearbook, which was why I wanted to locate it, and by golly it did. Now I have to decide if it's good manners to write her a letter to say what fond memories I have of her. My guess is she has no memories, fond or otherwise, of me.

The yearbook's kind of on the scrawny side (something, sadly, that will never be said of me), but it did include a Last Will And Testament. I don't think it has all the kids in the 9th grade class, but it certainly has a lot of them.*




To keep you occupied while we await word about Who Knows What The Title Will Be, I offer you the challenge of finding:

The sportswriter and TV personality who was surprisingly friendly at our last reunion.

The Academy Award winning documentary filmmaker who seems to think Jeffrey MacDonald is innocent.

The songwriter who's written hit songs for Meat Loaf, Celine Dion, Bonnie Tyler and Air Supply among many others.

The science fiction writer/editor who I had a crush on from 9th-12th grades.

The New York Times Best Selling Author Who Didn't Name Her Cat Mrs. Smitten

And for bonus points, the actor best known for playing the Con Edison Man in Ghostbusters.

Since I know all the answers, I'll go check my emails, and see if the fourth moon book has a title!

*There's actually one more page, with 5 names on it, but I left it out to make things easier for you.

No comments: