Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Paperback Of This World We Live In Has Arrived!


In my apartment, at least. Ten copies last night by way of UPS.

Like all proud (yet humble) authors, I immediately pulled out my contract to see what my royalty rate is. I get (or will get is a tad more accurate) 7% on the list price of $8.99 (writers are among the very few people in this world who actually like inflation). Out of deference to my limited mathematical skills, I round $8.99 to $9 and times it by .07, and the next thing I know, I anticipate getting at least 63 cents in royalties (I mean someone is going to buy a copy someday somehow probably).

63 cents will buy a can of cat food for Scooter with a couple of cents to spare. That's all he cares about.

Anyway, I love how the book looks, and I especially love the front cover which includes my ever favorite designation: The New York Times Best-Selling Author. And I super especially love the quote: "The Ultimate Dystopian. A Very Exciting Read!" credited (quite properly) to Good Morning America.






No new arrival is complete without a family get-together, so here they are, the hardcovers and paperbacks of the Houghton Mifflin Harcourt editions of Life As We Knew It, The Dead And The Gone and This World We Live In.



May they all earn me at least 63 cents. Scooter has a very big appetite!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

DO NOT listen to the haters! Whoever told you to get a life? You HAVE one! Writing isn't any different than any other profession. It's just the way you can share your words and thoughts and other people connect (and love) them! PLUS you can make money on it, even if it isn't as much as it should be. You are wonderful, Susan. Never stop!

Anonymous said...

Great to see the gang all together!

But, Sue, no trilogy is complete wihout a fourth book.

Glen

Fear Death By Water said...

I concur Sue. I'm still waiting to find out what happens when Miranda's son (daughter? hey you're the author you can figure out all the fine details) stumbles upon or discovers after a quest, her diary that is hidden in the closet.

I've got the cash all ready to spend ... I may even throw in 63 cents for Scooter. C'mon Sue, you wouldn't want to dissapoint Scooter now would you? :-)

Susan Beth Pfeffer said...

Hello and thank you to Anonymous, Glen and Fear Death By Water-

You have inspired me. I'm going to set up a poll on whether there should be a fourth book.

Let's see what the blog readers think (and in a poll, you'll all be anonymous!).

Anonymous said...

I read all your books my favorite is the dead and the gone

Anonymous said...

Oh please write a fourth book! It would be so great! I hate it when series end. I wish there could be millions of these books! I'd read them all!
-Allie