Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Rumor Has It The ARCs Are In The Mail

My editor emailed me about something else and said they were.

At this point, I'll believe it when I see it.

Of course, what I should be seeing is the dust cloth in my hand. I haven't begun to clean the apartment, and Joyce and Lew will be here in less than 24 hours (some of which, Scooter permitting, I intend to sleep through).

If the ARCs show up tonight along with my UPS person, I'll scurry back here and make the official announcement. Were I you, I wouldn't hold my breath. Then again, you're probably not holding your breath waiting for me to start dusting, and I absolutely swear as soon as I publish this post, the cleaning will begin.

Or maybe in a couple of minutes. But it will begin. And end. Really it will.

But before I begin the cleaning, let me wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving and tell you, in case you didn't know, that I am thankful for each and every one of you. There's no way I can express how grateful I am to you for the interest and the caring you've shared with me over the past few years.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your posts make me giggle! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well . . .

Nora said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! I am thankful for your wonderful books and your amusing blogs.

Linda Jacobs said...

I just got done my dusting and vacuuming. Company is on their way. Busy cooking and visiting day tomorrow. After that I'm doing nothing for the weekend!

Enjoy your Thanksgiving and I'm with Nora; thanks for hours of great reading!

Mr. Cavin said...

Yes, happy Thanksgiving and thank you all at the same time.

Elaine Marie Alphin said...

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for your friendship, for your sense of humor, and for your many books.

Anonymous said...

I hope the ARCs are here soon! I can't wait to read your next book!!!!!
----
XMasGiggler

Susan Beth Pfeffer said...

Hi to one and all-

I had a lovely Thanksgiving with Joyce and Lew and my mother.

I hope your holiday was as nice as mine!